Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

"My pleasure..."

This is the acknowledgement that one will receive at Chic-Fil-A when saying "thank you" to one of the employees taking your order.  I understand that this is part of their training in dealing with customers.  I can only recall one time in which I did not receive this acknowledgement from a Chic-Fil-A employee. 

Though Chic-Fil-A employees are trained to do this, it is nevertheless a nice gesture.  Yes, sometimes the words are uttered in a perfunctory manner; nevertheless, it is good to hear, particularly when delivered with genuine sincerity. 

To me, Chic-Fila-A is a vestige of an America that is slowly dissipating:  retail establishments closed on Sundays; well-mannered employees; and, a family-oriented company ownership.

I have noticed lately that employees at the Taco Bell, in Short Pump, and down the street for Chic-Fil-A have begun saying "my pleasure" though not as consistently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment