Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Encouragement

I just returned from hearing a wonderful message (sermon) delivered to the Goochland Christian Fellowship by Pastor Todd Brooking. His message tonight was chocked full of nuggets of spiritual wisdom right from the Book of Hebrews.

Pastor Todd touched upon the importance of encouraging one another, particularly in a fellowship of believers. We Christians must encourage one another so that we can fulfill the "Great Commission" and make disciples of one another. As an example, Todd cited President Abraham Lincoln who carried on his person a newspaper article that supported him and his policies.

I found it extremely interesting that at the time of his death, President Lincoln had in possession that and other articles that must have served as a source of encouragement to him during those dark days of America's Civil War.

For a complete list of those items found on President Lincoln after he was assassinated, please click on this blog's title "Encouragement".

I really liked the quote the Todd shared on encouragement:
“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” -- William Arthur Ward

Thank you, Pastor Todd, for an uplifting and encouraging message!

No comments:

Post a Comment