Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

The best laid plans....

Before going to bed Friday evening and knowing that we would be snowed-in this weekend, I had high hopes of accomplishing alot inside the house.  Knowing that shoveling snow would require about 2-3 hours of time, I figured on doing a little work from the office and catching up on such scintillating tasks as replacing our bathroom caulk.  Incidentally, I found a pretty good website, via Google, for such such a task.  To see the link, click here.

As I prepare for the coming week, I am reminded of David McCullough's book "John Adams".   Mr. McCullough had access to the Adams' diary and letter.  Two entries embody what this past weekend was like for me.  On July 21, 1756, he wrote:












Like Adams, the 2nd entry, above, is how I feel most Sunday evenings.  But, I remind myself that there is always next weekend!  Even one of our founding fathers allowed rainy or snowy days to steer away from a planned regimen.

Though I did not see the HBO series on John Adams, which I understand was very good, Mr. McCullough's book on Mr. Adams is excellent and provides some wonderful insight into our 2nd US President. 

No comments:

Post a Comment