Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

On the way to the Goochland dump today...

As I drove down US 522 this morning and rounded the narrow and sharp bends in the road, I encountered fellow Goochlanders driving in the opposite direction.  In the span of 10 minutes, I encountered three friendly drivers who waived.  I first noticed this when we first moved to Goochland in 1996.  Over the years, it seems as if the waivers have declined.  It is nice to see that Goochland, which Lynn and I consider home, has not completely lost its rural personality and friendliness that so attracted us to remain here.

On the return trip home, I initiated a few waives myself. 

I hope and pray that Goochland never loses this personality.  It is so refreshing in a world today that has become too busy, insular, and self-centered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment