Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

The traditional Memorial Day cookout

As I was riding through our subdivision and adjoining neighborhoods last night, it was nice see many folks outside and having cookouts.  The cookout is a nice tradition of family and friends getting together to mark the beginning of the summer season.

Growing up, my father liked to cookout often.  In the summer time, he would fire up the family grill on many weekends.  In those days, I recall using a family Hibachi or small grill, not the mega gas grills that have become popular over the years.  For some reason, I recall the food tasting better when cooked over Kingsford charcoal briquettes.  Having tried the Kingsford a few times since, I cannot seem to replicate that same flavor I recall from childhood days. 

Hard to believe that tomorrow will be June 1st and we are rapidly approaching the halfway point in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment