Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Almost Perfect....last thoughts

Without the help of Google, I can name only 3 pitchers who have thrown perfect games in baseball history: Don Larsen; Jim "Catfish" Hunter; and, Kenny Rogers (not 100% sure on the last one). I would be hard pressed to name the others. I would be merely guessing.


However, in my humble opinion, I will always remember Galaraga's as a gracious young man who acted with such class when robbed of something he had earned fairly.

He may not have been credited with the perfect game he threw, but I will always remember his countenance when seeing the awful call made at first base. Constrast that quickly to George Brett's angry burst and spring from the dugout when his HR was erased due to excessive pine tar on his bat.

Mr. Galaraga: you acted in a way and manner that is so lost in today's society. I greatly respect your "grace under pressure". I wish you continued success and a great baseball career. I hope that the 'Sox fan greet him warmly when he pitches in Fenway. Just don't pitch a perfect game against our beloved 'Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment