Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

"Teach Your Children..." by Crosby, Still, Nash & Young (not a law firm)

I first heard this song at one of many high school graduation events in 1976. You can view the history of this song via clicking on "Teach Your Children...", above.

Recently, I was at a local Subway buying subs for my mother-in-law and me. As I was approaching the door, a family of about 7 got up and headed for the door as well. As I was waiting for all family members to clear and get out through the door, the youngest child, a boy, pushed in front of me to discard something in the trash bin. I was waiting for an "excuse me" from the child or at least one of the parents to instruct the child to say "excuse me". Much to my disappointment, particularly attributable to the parents, no "excuse me" ever came.

In the parking lot, I heard another child, a girl, arguing with her parents but the both of them seemed to have found her amusing.

It saddens me that our society has lost some or perhaps much of its graciousness toward one another. We see it in the malls, on our roads, and elsehwere. Some parents, as in this case I experienced, seem to have forgotten to teach manners to their children. Also, I regret not saying anything to the parents for this oversight.

I believe it all starts with the parents to "teach your children" well.

No comments:

Post a Comment