Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Admiration for my brother-in-law

In November 2009, my brother-in-law, Rob, retired from the US Air Force after 28 years of service. Having served as a C-130 Crew Chief, Rob was certainly in "harm's way" many times over the years. He served in Qatar during the first Gulf War and has spent time in Afghanistan and other overseas "hot spots". Rob attained the rank of Chief-Master Sargeant which is the highest enlisted rank in the Air Force. His men and commanding officers refer to him as "Chief".

In addition to his many service accomplishments, Rob and my sister adopted his niece, Kristine, from a broken family and raised her as well as their son, Jakob. They have a strong marriage and family. Also, Rob just recently completed the requirements for his Master's Degree.

I must say that Rob has much to show for his 28 years of service and his life. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and was so proud that he was the best man at my wedding. He is an inspiration to all of us as someone who has worked hard and diligently.

1 comment: