Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Merry Christmas!!

Hard to believe that snow is still on the ground from last week's storms. But it is a white Christmas. I cannot recall many white Christmases over the years in Virginia.

I want to extend a very heartfelt holiday greeting to the founders of the GCF who were side-by-side with me this past year. I very much respect your character, values, and courage in founding a new fellowship for Goochland. I know that you have been and will be blessed for taking such a bold step of faith rather than sitting back and accepting things as they were.

I want to mention my wonderful work colleague, Nancy, who never ceases to amaze me with her enthusiasm and zest for life. She is a rare individual who is always looking for new experiences in life. This Christmas, she took a "Christmas Train" from Richmond to NC and garnered some wonderful experiences. See link above on David Baldacci's "Christmas Train" (click on Merry Christmas, above).

I need to mention another extraordinary woman: my wife. It was she who promised her dying father that she would not put her mother in a nursing home. Not only has she kept that promise but has taken sole responsibility for mother's health, welfare, and business affairs often putting her self and needs second. I greatly admire and respect her strong spirit of commitment.

Finally, I ask that we all pray for the Zbinden family during this holiday time with Karen's health much a concern.

I am very much richer and a better person for knowing all of you -- blessings to you and your families!

1 comment:

  1. Ed,

    It was US who marveled at your neutral, calm, compassionate demeanor throughout the whole process. We even had a nickname for you, Switzerland, lol.

    I'm sorry for the pain, as we all suffered as well. But here we are, praising and worshiping God in spirit and truth again. Perhaps God had a plan all along to draw his people to Himself, and leave the politicians to themselves.

    ReplyDelete